Monday, June 28, 2010

Til next time, Sista!

This weekend Chris and I went with my parents to see my sister, Emily, and her family in their new home in Madison, MS.  They moved two weeks ago, and have had almost non-stop visitors ever since, helping to ease the transition.
Their house is gorgeous!  When Emily is satisfied with how it's setup, I'll have to go back and take pictures for a blog post.  She is an amazing decorator.
They moved into a development called, Reunion, which felt like a fairytale!  It is a gated community of new homes, a country club, community pools, community tennis courts, playgrounds, a lake, horses, etc.  Everyone rides around on golf carts.  They have already made lots of quick friends.

Here are some pics from the weekend.  (I forgot my camera, so these phone pics will have to do.)

Beau

Maddie

 Amelia
(who spent the entire weekend on top of their kitchen island, because she was scared of BeiBei)


Beau and BeiBei played constantly!  They were two peas in a pod.  It broke my heart to take BeiBei away from him at the end of the weekend!  He cried "BeiBei!  BeiBei" while we drove off.  


 Chris and BeiBei snuggling on the ride home...

Emily took me to Premier Fabrics, an awesome fabric store in Madison!
They make their own fabric and everything is $8.99-9.99 per yard!  It is all screen printed cotton fabric.
I got such a good deal on all my IKEA curtain panels, but now I have been wanting to go back and make some printed cafe curtains for privacy and more color.  If you're on a budget, do what I did... use cheaper fabric or ready made curtains for your long panels (ceiling height) and then you can splurge a little more on pretty fabric for cafe curtains (since there's less yardage required). 
So my mom got me some fabric to make some cafe curtains!  I can't wait to start making them.

I got this for my living room...
This for my dining room (or possibly office)...


This, in blue, for either my bedroom or my kitchen...
The store is called Premier Fabrics.  They have some really great stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Sara, I referred to your blog today on mine. I continue to love your style. Fabric choices are awesome and I can't wait to see the curtains. My cousins that live in Jackson get everything at Premier Fabrics. I definitely need to make a trip there.

    I know you miss having your sister close by. Her kids and Bei Bei are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails