Monday, August 2, 2010

Rock N' Roll Doggie Do

As BeiBei continues to grow bigger and her hair gets longer and shaggier, I'm realizing that I really do have to brush her coat a few times a week.  I have been brushing it 1-2 times a week, and I have been pretty successful at preventing mats, up until lately.  I'm beginning to find small mats here and there.  So I think as her hair gets longer, she's starting to need it more like 2-3 times a week.
She is basically a non-shedding dog, which is very low maintenance, but I guess the trade off is that I have to brush her.  She's fairly cooperative, but still resists me a little bit.

A friend send me a link to a blog called "Simply Seleta" where they gave their goldendoodle, Pippi, a hilarious haircut!  They live near a creek and so their dog was always getting so muddy, which caused her to get very matted.  When they took the dog to the groomer, the groomer said she would have to be shaved basically to the skin.  They came up with this compromise:

She reminds me of an 80s hair band.  

This family was sad to shave their goldendoodle down, but they had a great sense of humor about it!

For now, I hope to keep my little furball..."fluffed"...so I guess I'll bump up my brushing regimen.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails